Wednesday, September 30, 2009

England vest - Warrington Half


I found out earlier in the week that I'd been picked to run the Warringtom Half for England this weekend, I've been nursing my legs after running the Great North Run last week, the course there is pretty undulating and I've now run it 3 times (65.15, 66.23, 65.37) and always think it is a deceptively tough course. My legs didn't give me any problems and I had no blister/shoe issues. I was wearing a pair of New Balance RC 769, it is a relatively thick racing shoe which you could probably wear for some training runs. The upper is a great fit on my relatively narrow feet but I do find the outersole wears very quickly and is a little too soft for my liking, I like a shoe with a firm midsole/outsole. I've considered trying to get a pair of RC205 from US but I'm a little unsure on sizing. I have been training in the 904 and the 827, both great shoes but the wear leaves a lot to be desired, I am only getting about 250-300 miles per pair, which for somebody relatively light and quick is not great. I'm thinking about trying another shoe, maybe Adizero tempo or Asics DS trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment